Terms & Conditions
DISCOVERY CAMPERS LTD
Terms & Conditions
This agreement is made between Discovery Campers Ltd, and the person / persons signing to accept these Terms and Conditions. [Thereafter called the hirer].
1. To drive the hire vehicle you need:
· To be between 21 to 79 years of age.
· To hold a full valid driver's licence, held for a minimum of two years.
· To have two forms of identity including proof of current permanent address
· To be fit and capable to drive.
· To obtain a code from DVLA to enable Discovery Campers Ltd to make relevant driver licence checks.
· Meet the Insurance criteria including no disqualifications in the last 10 years and to have no more than 6 points on current driving licence.
. To travel in UK and Ireland only
2. Included in the price:
· Unlimited mileage.
(The renter may request details of proposed mileage prior to booking and destination plans)
· A full tank of fuel (Hire vehicle to be returned with a full tank of diesel fuel).
· UK breakdown cover.
· Vehicle insurance.
· On board equipment (see inventory).
3. Security deposit:
· A £500 security deposit is payable by bank transfer prior to hire
· This deposit must be paid by bank transfer to validate insurance and needs to be cleared funds in our account at least 5 working days before hire.
· Please note and inform us, when you return the vehicle of any damage to the camper van exterior or interior and any lost or missing items that need to be replaced. Your security deposit will be refunded within 7 working days of the end of the hire period with any deductions for damage or loss.
. Damage resulting in an insurance claim will cover the excess and your deposit will not be refunded.
· The security deposit is fully refundable when you return the hire vehicle as follows:
1. To the agreed location no later than the agreed date and time.
2. In the same condition as it was let out to you, with no loss or damage.
3. With the interior clean including all cooking appliances.(An additional £60 cleaning fee may apply)
4. With a full tank of diesel
4. Hire Vehicle Collection and Return Times:
Collection and return can be arranged for each individual booking, but generally collection time will be between 2pm – 4.30pm and return time is between 10am – midday,
· There is a late return charge of £50 per hour as this also impacts on the next hirer.
5. Payment and Cancellation:
A non-refundable booking deposit is taken when we confirm your reservation for the hire vehicle. This cost varies according to the type and duration of your hire.
· The balance is due 6 six weeks prior to departure or at the time of booking if less than 6 weeks to departure.
· We accept payment by Bank transfer or cheque, made payable to A. Bennett. There is no fee for using bank transfer.
· If you cancel your booking up to 4 weeks before departure we will refund 50% of the total hire charge. (excluding the initial deposit )
· If you cancel your booking less than 4 weeks before departure the amount paid is non-refundable.
· We recommend that you take out holiday insurance that covers cancellation fees.
· In the unlikely event that the van is no longer available due to unforeseen circumstances a full refund will be given. If a breakdown occurs on your trip cutting your trip short a refund will be given relevant to the days missed.
6. Rental Period Restrictions:
· Strictly no smoking in the vans or awnings. A £250 valeting charge will be deducted from the security deposit where there is evidence of smoking inside the hire vehicle.
· The number of passengers is limited to the capacity stated in each hire vehicle specification.
· All motoring fines (e.g. speeding / parking fines and tolls) are the hirer's responsibility.
· No unauthorized towing.
· Use of our van for music festivals is not permitted and the vehicle is fitted with a tracker. We reserve to cancel the booking should we discover this was the hirer’s intention.
· No Stag or Hen parties
• STRICTLY NO GOING ON THE BEACH IN ANY CAMPER AS IT CAN DAMAGE THE ENGINE
· You should only use diesel fuel.
· Dogs may travel with you, please bring their own bedding in order to protect the interior surfaces. The vehicle / awning must be returned in a clean condition or a £60 cleaning fee will be deducted from the security deposit.
· Standard Excess is £500 and in the event of any damage to either the vehicle or to third party property, or replacement or repair of windscreen. The hirer will be liable for the £500 excess which will be paid from the security deposit.
. Tyre damage caused during the hire period is the responsibility of the hirer. Discovery campers should be notified and a suitable like for like tyre replacement arranged by the hirer at your own cost.
· The Hirer is provided with fully comprehensive insurance for the duration of the hire period. (Only for drivers that have supplied licence details that have been checked by Discovery Campers beforehand)
Allowing someone else to drive without prior permissionof Discovery campers is an offence and means that the van insurance is invalid.
In the event the vehicle is seized by police due to invalid insurance as outlined above the hirer will be responsible for any charges or fines associated with this.
INSURANCE IS INVALID IF ANY OF THE BELOW APPLY;
1.1 Have you ever had insurance declined
1.2 Renewal refused and special insurance terms imposed as a result of a claim.
1.3 Had insurance cover cancelled by any insurer
1.4 Have you been convicted of an offence whilst driving a motor vehicle or motor cycle and/or had your driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed
1.5 Have you been involved in more than one fault accident in the last 3 years
During the booking phase we check the licence to meet our insurance criteria - should anything change to the licence after the initial check and before the hire date, it is the hirer/drivers responsibility to notify Discovery Campers Ltdso a further check can be completed to ensure Insurancecriteria is still met
Please note there is a an extra £25 charge to add a second driver
8. Personal Safety:
· While we take safety very seriously please note that it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to ensure the safety of children while in or around the vehicle, particularly while using the upper bunks.
· The kitchen area contains sharp knives and objects which could injure young children if not supervised.
· Do not use the gas stove to heat the van and always have a door/window open when using the stove to cook.
9. Accidents and Damage:
· Any damage to the interior or exterior of the hire vehicle will be repaired at the hirer's cost and be deducted from the security deposit.
. It is important to conduct a “walkaround” of the vehicle before setting off, to check that there are no items attached, loose, or underneath the vehicle, such as; waste water containers, electric hook up cable, drive away awning, Fiamma awning, bike rack ..etc.
. The pop top roof, must be properly secured within the vehicle prior to any vehicle movement, which includes manoeuvring on site
· In the event of an accident or breakdown you must inform us immediately.
· There is a standard insurances excess of £500 should you be involved in an accident.
· A full report of the accident must be submitted to Discovery Campers Ltd as soon as practicable.
· In the unlikely event of a breakdown the vehicle has UK Premium breakdown cover. If the vehicle cannot be fixed at the roadside they will give the option to take you to your holiday destination. Should you choose to continue the holiday the breakdown cover will then collect hirer and bring to home destination. Should a non-blameworthy breakdownimpact on your trip a refund may be given by Discovery Campers Ltd.
10. Definitions of Terms and Conditions:
This Agreement means the Rental Agreement, the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other Discovery Camper Ltd literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply.
Discovery Campers Ltd, Registered address; 45, BryntirionHill, Bridgend. CF31 4BY
'Customer' means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading 'Main Driver' on the booking, and person whose credit card/debit/Bank details are presented in the payment of the customer's charges.
'Rental Period' means the hire period referred to under the heading 'Hire period'or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the vehicle is in the customer's possession or control.
'Vehicle' means the vehicle described on the website and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the living equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the Vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Discovery Campers Ltd.
I will pay Discovery Campers Ltd;
· All rental charges.
· The security deposit (to cover relevant insurance access)
· All parking fines, other fines or penalties, and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the camper, and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the vehicle during the rental period.
· Any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Discovery Campers Ltd due to any breach by me of the terms of this Agreement.
Total charges as set out therein are not final. I will pay any shortfall in charges to Discovery Campers Ltd and I will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by Discovery Campers Ltd.